Being accused of sex crimes can be an incredibly shocking, shame-inducing and confusing experience. These types of accusations often come from a single person who claims to have been improperly touched or sexually assaulted and it is not uncommon for there to be no additional evidence to support their claim. There is almost no type of case in which the stakes are higher for the person accused of the crime. These types of accusations can affect family and other relationships, can threaten continued employment, professional licensing or schooling, can have an impact in a divorce or child custody case, and can have immigration consequences for non-citizens living in this country. If you are facing an accusation of a sex crime case, it is extremely important to retain an attorney who is experienced in these types of cases and is a seasoned trial attorney. If you are in the vicinity of Seattle, or King County Washington, Jennifer Horwitz Law is fully prepared to defend your important rights.
Jennifer Horwitz is a criminal defense attorney with a well-earned reputation for successfully defending clients accused of committing sex crimes. A graduate of Harvard Law School, she not only has outstanding credentials but over 20 years of impressive experience handling these types of cases. She has obtained dismissals and not guilty verdicts at trial in very serious sexual assault cases. Jennifer is both a fearless and experienced trial attorney and a very skilled negotiator and both sets of skills can be important in cases involving sexual assault allegations. Jennifer is a lawyer who is both compassionate with her clients and highly strategic in her approach to their case. She will work in partnership with you to get the best possible result in your case. Jennifer will never farm out work on your case to a less experienced attorney. She will personally handle all aspects of your representation. Jennifer has extensive experience representing clients who identify as part of the LGBTQ community.
Common Sex Crimes
You may have been charged with one of the following sexual offenses. Jennifer Horwitz is well-prepared to defend you against any of the following accusations:
- Rape of an adult or a child
- Child Molestation
- Possession and Distribution of Child pornography, including “sexting” images of minors
- Communication with a Minor for Immoral Purposes (CMIP)
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Indecent exposure
- Indecent liberties
- Prostitution and Promoting Prostitution
- Patronizing a Prostitute (being a “john”), also called Sexual Exploitation (including sting operations where a police officer posed as a prostitute)
- Sex Trafficking
No matter which type of sex offense you are accused of committing, Jennifer Horwitz is in your corner. She will investigate your case thoroughly, examine and analyze the evidence, interview any relevant witnesses, consult with experts when appropriate, and aggressively seek out any information which would prove your innocence. She will ensure that all facts and circumstances pertaining to the allegations are considered to bring your case to the best possible conclusion.
A Conviction for a Sex Crime Can Have Serious Consequences
Each case is different depending on the crime charged and other factors. Some sex offenses have consequences other than possible incarceration. Those consequences can include registration as a sex offender court-ordered treatment and other possible requirements. They can also have an impact on one’s job, licensing status and ability to stay enrolled in school, if the crime was alleged to have occurred on school property or involved another student. These types of accusations can also have an impact in divorce and child custody proceedings and can have immigration consequences for non-citizens.
Legal Defenses in Sex Crime Cases
Jennifer Horwitz handles each case personally. Over her many years of successful criminal defense, she has developed several effective strategies in defending sex crime cases; she will tailor her defense strategy to your particular circumstances. Jennifer keeps current with state and federal law and brings a deep knowledge of these types of cases to your representation. Jennifer has litigated many substantive motions to challenge evidence in these types of cases and brings that background and experience to your case.
Possible Defenses for Sex Crimes
There are many possible defenses for sex crimes and you can rest assured that Jennifer Horwitz is familiar with all of them. Known for her intelligent and innovative approaches, she may use any of them that apply in your case:
- Medical evidence or lack of evidence that may exonerate you
- Accounts by witnesses of the incident that are contradictory
- A lack of corroborating evidence to support the alleged victim’s claims
- Investigation of reasons the alleged victim is making the claim when it is not true
- The alleged victim’s lack of credibility (e.g. he/she has made false claims before)
- The charges against you are vindictive or retaliatory (e.g. related to an acrimonious divorce, child custody battle or some other pre-existing conflict)
- The accusation has been made to disguise a consensual sexual encounter for reasons of shame, embarrassment, fear, or public humiliation
- The accusation was brought by someone who was under the influence of drugs and alcohol and does not actually remember what occurred
- The accusation that a sex crime was committed has been made for purposes of financial gain or to gain some other benefit, such as legal immigration status
- The alleged victim is mentally unstable and this is related to reasons the accusation may be false
- The account of the alleged victim has been tainted by the interviewer or by someone else (such as in child sex cases)
Contact Jennifer Horwitz Law – Sex Crimes Defense Lawyer
The mission of Jennifer Horwitz Law is to ensure that the principle of “innocent until proven guilty” governs how your case is handled. Jennifer Horwitz believes passionately that this principle is brought to life by having a powerful advocate by your side when you face a serious accusation. Jennifer will bring her experience with the reality of false allegations and also her knowledge of how cases are won and dismissed, to how she builds a strategy for your particular defense. She will keep you informed every step of the way and you will feel more empowered as she investigates the case and presents you with her findings, and as you make decisions on the case together.
Jennifer Horwitz Law is a well-connected criminal defense practice with relationships with experts in numerous fields who may be able to assist and bring their expertise to bear on your case. Jennifer will work toward the best possible outcome for you so you can put this case behind you and move forward with your life. Give her office a call or fill out the contact form to schedule an initial consultation.
Jennifer Horwitz represents clients who have been accused of sex crimes in Seattle and all throughout Washington State and King County including Bellevue, Issaquah, and Sammamish.